The sweetest memories are contained in this photo of me and my sister, one Christmas morning. What a wild and wonderful flashback!
Children must early learn the beauty of generosity. They are taught to give what they prize most that they may taste the happiness of giving. — Ohiyesa
Below are five things you can do to help us publicize Giving Back: A Tribute to Generations of African American Philanthropists, the 400-page hardcover book that reframes portraits of philanthropy.
- Post a book review on Amazon.com or Barnes & Noble
- Follow us on Twitter @valaidaf and @sankofaphotog
- Ask a local library or bookstore to carry Giving Back (ISBN: 978-0-89587-564-8)
- Tell a friend about Giving Back
- Give the book as a gift to children, friends and family…particularly with Thanksgiving and Christmas on the horizon
Giving Back aims to ignite a movement of conscientious philanthropy by empowering a generation to recognize their power and responsibility to give back.
Every book purchased keeps giving, since proceeds benefit philanthropic causes—and since the stories inspire readers to give.