Thankful 365: A Year-End Message from New Generation of African American Philanthropists
Without people like you, this year’s accomplishments would simply not have been possible. So we have something to say. In fact, we believe it cannot be said enough.
T H A N K Y O U !
You’re part of an extended circle who shares our passion for giving back. By investing our social capital, financial capital and intellectual capital, collectively, we are igniting a movement of conscientious philanthropy by empowering a generation to recognize its power and responsibility to give back.
High points from New Generation of African American Philanthropists over the last 12 months include:
- 6th anniversary of the NGAAP-Charlotte giving circle
- Giving Back named winner of the 2012 McAdam Book Award, as the best new book for the nonprofit sector, and listed among the “10 Best Black Books“
- Release of [ philanthropy reframed ], new voice, new vibe, new video
- Broad media coverage while reframing portraits of philanthropy, like here
- Civic engagement and dialogue in 17 communities with 5000+ people
- New circle members and new connections to circles in Charlotte and nationwide
We’re excited about how our giving circle is growing and serving and how the Giving Back Project is unfolding. We look forward to deepening our impact and engaging givers in new ways. You are invited to be a part of this work in 2013.
New Generation of African American Philanthropists
Pingback: Thoughts Before 2012 Sets | valaida
Pingback: Here’s To 2013! | valaida