That was part of the message Amiri Baraka, a famously prolific writer, inscribed to me in a book of his poetry, after I gave him a copy of Giving Back during his visit to Charlotte last fall. I love having a steady flow of writing assignments and feeling compelled to reach for my laptop to capture an idea or an observation.
Lately, I’ve been writing up a storm. In addition to the recent guest blogpost for the Lake Institute, below are links to a few of my pieces from the past six weeks as a contributing blogger for BlackGivesBack.com.
- One-Night-Only Benefit Event Pairs Theatre Legend with Rising Star, 27 Mar 2013
- The Insider: Musimbi Kanyoro, Driving Social Change for Women and Girls Around the World, 10 Apr 2013
- Rucker Sisters Present ‘Elegance for Education’, 17 Apr 2013
- Spotlight on Black Theater at ‘Lou, Q and You at e2‘, 19 Apr 2013
- Charlotte’s ‘Step Up’ Soirée Lifts Dance Company to New Heights, 2 May 2013
Lots of fun events and fascinating people (as depicted below) helped make writing these blogposts a delight. — VF